Privacy and cookie statement according to the General Data Protection Regulation.
Through our website, privacy-sensitive and personal data are being processed. Pipaluk Universe highly values a safe processing and protecting of personal data. Therefore, personal data are processed carefully and secure in accordance with applicable Dutch law and legislation.
- Clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- Limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data necessary for legitimate and logistic purposes;
- First ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- Take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. We demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- We DO NOT store your personal data online (in the cloud)
- Your personal data is stored on a stand-alone computer, not connected to a network, only for the time necessary in order to process and fulfill your order
- After your order or demands by contact form are fulfilled, your personal data will be deleted from the afore mentioned computer
- Subsequently, your data will be stored ON PAPER ONLY and will be reentered on a stand-alone computer only if required.
- Finally, your data will be stored for a maximum period of one year after which period it will be deleted from our files.
Respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
Pipaluk Universe is responsible for all data processed via its website. Hereafter is explained which personal data we collect and for which purposes. Please take notice of the points described hereafter.
This privacy statement was first amended on 01-06-2018 and last on 10-07-2018
Use of Personal Data
By using our services, you are providing certain data to us. This could be personal data. Pipaluk Universe only retains and uses the personal data provided directly by you necessary for using our services.
We use the following data for the purposes as mentioned in this Privacy Statement:
- Name and address
- Billing and/or shipping address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Payment details (bank account)
- VAT number for cross border transactions (if applicable)
- Order history
Purpose of Personal Data
Pipaluk Universe collects and uses personal data of its customers for the following purposes:
- In order to provide our services and billing
- In order to process your orders
- In order to contact you if problems occur with the delivery of your order
- For sending promotional material like newsletters
- To verify your identity and to prevent fraud or misuse of our services
We will not provide personal data to third parties, unless necessary for the execution of the agreement you concluded with us or if required by law. In the event of suspicion of fraud or misuse of our website we may provide personal data to the entitled authorities.
Handling your order
Your personal data will be used when processing your order. If necessary, we provide your data to third parties like a courier or shipping agent. See ‘Provision to third parties’ for a more detailed explanation.
Promotion and newsletters
We can inform you about new arrivals by e-mail. We might provide a digital newsletter to those interested in new products. Your email address will be added to the list of subscribers only after your explicit consent. The newsletter might be sent irregularly, but we strive to send one twice a month. Each newsletter offers the possibility to unsubscribe from our mailing list.
Contact form and Report on delivery
Through our website we can be contacted by means of a contact form. There, you are requested to provide us with your personal data. You can choose which data you are willing to provide. The data you provide will be saved for the time necessary answering any questions asked.
Your personal data will not be published by us by any means.
Provision to third parties (couriers a.o. shipping agents)
We can pass on your details to our partners. These partners are involved in the execution of the agreement (for instance a courier or shipping company that provides the shipping services of your order). Separate agreements with these partners how to handle data we provide have been made.
We use Google Analytics to track visitors on our website and to get reports about how visitors use our web shop. We have made an agreement with Google on the handling of our data. We do not allow Google to use the obtained Analytics information for other Google services. And we anonymize the IP addresses.
Pipaluk Universe takes careful and appropriate measures on system security to prevent unauthorized parties to gain access to personal data or that personal data will get lost. We take security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data.
The personal data described above are retained for as long as necessary to process your orders, including warranty. Your data is stored for a maximum of one year. After that period, the data will be erased unless there is a statutory obligation that requires longer storage (such as the seven-year fiscal retention obligation for payment data).
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to websites of third parties that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We encourage you to read their privacy statements on their websites before using their websites.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy- and cookie statement. We recommend that you review this statement regularly, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and modification of your data
You can also send us a request to view, change or delete your personal data. You can also request a data export to view the data that we use with your consent or provide (a motivated) statement that you want us to limit the processing of personal data. In order to prevent misuse, we can ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it comes to access personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the cookie you inquire about. You can find these in the settings of your browser. If the details are not correct, you can request that we change or remove the data.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
We are happy to assist if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Under the Dutch privacy legislation, you also have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority against the processing of your personal data. You can contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority at: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
Our contact details:
1016 KN Amsterdam (NL)